$1,500 Sign-On Bonus, $17+/Hour
Co-Create Your Future with Us as an
Entry Level Cleanroom Technician
At SkyWater, we are urgently hiring entry level cleanroom technicians and will train you to grow professionally with us in a culture of continuous learning. Our cleanroom technicians are critical to the success and growth of SkyWater. They are on the front lines of our manufacturing processes ensuring that we are producing top-quality semiconductor wafers. Our cleanroom technicians learn about SkyWater from the ground up, and build long-lasting careers with us.
If you’re searching for an exciting culture where you can grow, while helping to pioneer a dynamic workplace, consider joining SkyWater!
DAYS, A Shift: Sunday through Tuesday and every other Wednesday 6 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Sign-On Bonus: $1500
View A Shift (Day) Openings
NIGHTS, B Shift: Sunday through Tuesday and every other Wednesday 6 p.m. – 6:15 a.m.
Shift Differential: 10%
Sign-On Bonus: $1500
View B Shift (Night) Openings
DAYS, C Shift: Thursday through Saturday and every other Wednesday 6 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Sign-On Bonus: $1500
View C Shift (Day) Openings
NIGHTS, D Shift: Thursday through Saturday and every other Wednesday 6 p.m. – 6:15 a.m.
Shift Differential: 15%
Sign-On Bonus: $1500
View D Shift (Night) Openings
People have misconceptions about tech companies - that you already need to have specific skills. When I started, I had no idea what a wafer was, and I worked my way up with internal and external training to become a supervisor. With two small babies, the compressed work week allows me to spend time with family and have time for hobbies.
SkyWater sees training as an investment, essential for keeping up. I have excellent mentors and everyone is accessible. They really want to ensure each person succeeds. I've worked here for 14 years - starting out in production, moving up to a lead, and now I am a training coordinator. They work with you on personal development. It's a great place for creating a career!
I've worked for SkyWater for 19 years because I love the compressed work hours that are great for my kids. I love figuring things out and was recently named the MVP award winner, which is a $1,000 net bonus! A lot of my friends work here, as well as my Dad, because you can craft your individual career.
Cleanroom Technician Responsibilities, Qualifications and Physical Requirements
- Operate assigned equipment and run production material in a cleanroom environment
- Load and unload wafer equipment (microchips)
- Follow detailed processes to ensure correct procedures are completed
- Perform quality inspections on finished products
- Follow all safety requirements of the equipment and processes in the assigned areas
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 18 years or older
- Basic computer skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehension of and ability to take action on detailed written and verbal processes
- Learning mindset for an extensive hands-on initial training period
- Positive Attitude – you can’t be the best with a bad attitude!
- Career-minded- we are seeking individuals that want to grow their career with us!
- Safely operate assigned equipment and run production material, by bending and lifting up to 12 pounds repetitively
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment, including wearing full cleanroom attire
- Standing / Walking for 12 hours, compressed work-week shifts
SkyWater recognizes the importance of delivering a great work environment, great teams and comprehensive employee benefits program that is responsive to the needs of each and every employee. Our benefits program was developed in order to provide choices to support the unique needs of you and your dependents.
- Medical Coverage: Choice of two health plans including Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA), offering an extensive network of available physicians. Employees are eligible for healthcare benefits on their date of hire.
- Dental: Choice of two dental plans (one with orthodontic coverage) offering an extensive network of providers.
- Vision Plan: Comprehensive vision coverage offering members eye exams and numerous discounts on other eye care products and services.
- Prescription Shopping Tool: A digital experience giving members the opportunity to shop around for the best prices on prescriptions.
- Virtual (Online) Medical Treatment: Choose from two virtual options to receive medical treatment from home or on the go.
- Paid Time-Off: Generous paid time off program to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
- Holiday Pay: Allowing time for you to enjoy the holidays with family and friends.
- Frequent Fitness Program: Provides eligible members a reimbursement for working out.
- On-Site Fitness Center: Open 24 hours a day.
- Healthy Pregnancy Program: Personal support for those planning a pregnancy and those who are pregnant. Provides participants with support they need and assurance they want.
- On-site Training: Opportunities to develop your skills and advance your career.
- Clean Manufacturing Environment: Employees in the cleanroom at SkyWater work in an environment that’s cleaner than a hospital surgical room.
- Competitive Total Compensation: Includes bonus potential for all full-time employees.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan: Matching contributions from SkyWater Technology after qualification.
- Tuition Assistance: An investment by SkyWater into your future by offering financial support to pursue relevant continuing education.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: If you have out-of-pocket medical, dental, vision or dependent care expenses, you may decrease taxes and increase your spendable income by enrolling in one of our three Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: At no cost to you.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Provides free access to tools and resources to help manage life’s stresses including financial planning assistance, childcare and/or elder care referrals, stress management and more.
- Optional Additional Insurance for Purchase such as: Voluntary Term Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability, Group Legal Plan, Group Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance.
- Service Awards: SkyWater recognizes our employees for their dedication to SkyWater through services awards including a bonus.
- Employee Recognition: Monthly MVP awards for employees who go above and beyond to drive company core values.
- On-site, Self-serve Market: Offering a variety of meals, snacks and beverages. Open 24 hours a day.
- On-site Fitness Center: Open 24 hours a day.
- Compressed Shifts Available: Allowing more time to enjoy your personal life.
- Employee Referral Program: Offering bonuses for referring friends and family for opportunities at SkyWater.
- Employee Appreciation Events: We love finding ways to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of our SkyWater team.
- Location: Close to mass transit, Mall of America and MSP Airport.
- Company Store: SkyWater branded merchandise -- We are proud to show off our brand!
- Casual Dress Code: Performance is what matters -- dress appropriately for your role and be comfortable helping SkyWater succeed.