COVID-19 & SkyWater Operations: Our Commitment to Safety
March 17th, 2020
As our nation and communities respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, SkyWater has also implemented several carefully chosen measures defined by our Pandemic Response Team and senior management. The measures are identified below and are in effect until further notice to maximize health and safety for our employees, customers, partners and broader community while also continuing to support our customers with consistent fab operations. Additionally, we will conduct most business engagements via remote conferencing tools.
Should you have questions or concerns regarding these measures or your specific program or project, please reach out to your usual working contact within SkyWater. Messages can also be sent to email@example.com which is continuously monitored by several individuals within our organization.
Site Access Protocol and Restrictions
- Site access will be strictly forbidden for anyone showing signs of a fever – the CDC’s guidelines are to restrict anyone with a temperature of 100.4°F or greater.
- SkyWater is restricting site access to vendors, contractors, customers and other visitors as a default policy. Exceptions to this will be considered after careful consideration and review by the Pandemic Response Team and senior leadership. If a visitor exception is to be considered, their recent international travel history will be reviewed.
- SkyWater employees with work functions compatible with telecommuting are being encouraged to begin performing their work remotely from home. For functions that require site access, teams are rotating attendance when possible to minimize time in the office environment and to maximize social distancing.
Employee Business Travel
- SkyWater is canceling all business travel until further notice. Exceptions for unique or extreme circumstances may be approved by executive leadership and the Pandemic Response Team. SkyWater team members are all equipped with remote conference resources to enable collaboration in absence of travel.
Supply Chain Assessment
- SkyWater’s supply chain risk from the COVID-19 outbreak is being actively monitored. While operations are currently stable, if that status changes and our ability to continue fab operations normally is impacted, we will proactively communicate those dynamics with relevant customers and suppliers.
Again, health and safety are of the utmost importance, along with our ability to properly serve our customers. This is a highly unusual and fluid situation and we will continue to follow health guidelines set forth by Federal, State and local authorities and keep you updated on our preventative measures. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
President, SkyWater Technology